Thursday, May 1, 2008

Let the Games Begin

Two days after launch, Grand Theft Auto IV is taking a lot of heat for several issues.

Most notably: stabbings and muggings at launch, Mothers Against Drunk Driving already upset about drunk driving content in the game - and my personal favorite - game freezing.

My thoughts on each:

  • I'm sick of people acting like morons at game and console releases. If you want this industry to be taken seriously, don't act like 6-year-olds with weapons.

  • I'm sorry, but it is a video game. There is no additional impact from video games than there are films. I appreciate the dissemination of information about drunk driving, but can and will be done now.

  • I've already had the game freeze twice. The article seems to blame some of the problems on the 60 GB PS3 - which I own - but, one has to only take a brief look at the comments to see that several iterations of both the PS3 and Xbox 360 have experienced problems. To that, I say it is absolutely ridiculous! A game that has been delayed as many times as GTAIV should have absolutely no technical issues. Rockstar has had the time and resources to resolve any issues with deferring firmware versions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, great piece on gta, im thinking the jury is still out in regards to it being the "perfect" game, I guess time will tell :P Perfect Liz