Monday, August 11, 2008

Star Trek Online Trailer Revealed

I know that this is a few days late and I am a little slow to post because I am back at school, but here it is anyway.

A teaser trailer for Star Trek Online was officially released yesterday and seems to show the possibilities of incorporating the Star Trek universe online:


It appears that the game will be divided between "away team" campaigns on foot using various races found within the Star Trek saga and starship battles.

However, this looks to be another cookie-cutter MMORPG just like we are seeing DC Universe Online and Lord of the Rings Online as well.

This looks to be a new wave for the industry with publishers trying to cash in on big franchises in hopes of striking World of Warcraft gold once again.

For continual updates on Star Trek Online, you can visit the official website at www.startrekonline.com.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This game looks fantastic! An awesome breakthrough for sure. I wonder though, with gaming expansion, and with awesome mobile technology, like the Motorokr, could they possibly make these games for mobile phones? I mean, the Motorokr has awesome graphics, a full HTML browser, Java capabilities, and a whole lot of other stuff. I just think that would be cool.

Coldness said...

Is dr. scientist promoting the Motorkr? I believe he is, since he's ID links to the Motorkr website :S

I'm tired of online games for now, but sure does look interesting!